Wednesday 4 July 2012

This Rainy Night

It was drizzling, another dark night in Mumbai. We walked quietly down the wet streets. You said," How I wish we were in Srinagar, it snows there..", and I hugged myself arms folded across my chest and then rubbed my hands, shivered and said," Honey, its snowing. We need to reach home fast...".You looked at me and it dawned on you. You shivered and started rubbing your hands! Then as we walked down the street, I held you by your arm. With my head resting on your shoulder, we walked quietly. We were alone, only the sounds of our footsteps echoed. You started singing," All I ever wanted Was to see you smiling "
                                                                                 
I rhyme with you and  I continued, " I know that I love you Oh baby why don't you see? "


                                                 

The way you hold my hand,
Together as we sing,
I feel the world gets perfect 
When you walk with me
It adds meaning to my life 
When you and I become we
When feelings like butterflies
Open their wings and set free
I breathe in your love
I hear your heart beat
I know anywhere you go in this world
This connection, this invisible pull
Shall bring us back here
From where we've started

This dark night, walking hand in hand down a lonely lane in Mumbai.......this beautiful imagination that we have weaved together. The world comes to a standstill and we shall stay here forever living and reliving these moments of sharing one life, one destiny, one soul.








1 comment: