Monday 18 February 2013

I wish I'd Complain Less ;)

I recently hurt my leg so bad that I had to stay in bed almost all day. I guess this is why the following wisdom dawned on me and I am so happy sharing it with you  :)
I happened to remember a very hot day when I went to college, met my friends, went out to meet my students in the evening, met a few old friends and back home. Everywhere I went, I heard complaints about the temperature. "Its too hot today","So tiresome","So Bad","The weather sucks","The heat is draining my energy", i heard not less than 50 complaints. Did it change the weather ? Nope. Not at all. The temperatures were up all through the night too. I guess this is what I don't like about the ritual of Complaining.
When we complain, we just share our negativity with those around us and attract a few more negative remarks about the same from our colleagues, peers. 
Being unaware of what effect it has on our sub-conscious minds, we continue feeding our negative thoughts. This has no productive outcome!!! 
There are just two ways of resisting the urge to complain-

1. Sow seeds of change - If you feel it is possible to change the situation with your efforts, invest your time and energy in changing things for the better, this is much better than sticking to complaining. Anyone who doesn't have the potential to stand up and stir changes Will Complain. If you consider yourself the next pioneer in your situation, don't just complain, get going. Take action and change your present.

Don’t find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.” – Henry Ford (1863-1947, American founder of the Ford Motor Company)

2. Replace Complaints with Positive thoughts- There are a lot of situations like
#1. The Weather
#2. Difficult People
#3. Difficult Situations
#4. National or World Issues
this is where you cannot consider "Sowing Seeds of Change", it wouldn't be effective till you are supported by many like minded people. Here the situation demands -
                                "Replacing Negative Thoughts with Positive Ones"

We all know, we become whatever our dominant thoughts are. If we keep thinking, talking, whining about people who we dislike, we give them that extra space in our thoughts and our frequency changes to attract more people of the same kind. This is definitely not what we want. 
Who doesn't want to be happy and peaceful in life? 

Dear Reader, I want you to give a serious thought to this-
"When the whole world wants to be happy and peaceful, why very few people are happy and content in their lives ? Why don't we see happy people wherever we go ?"
The answer is simple. Its human nature to do whats easy and avoid all that involves stretching a mile extra.
Its very easy to complain, its difficult to stand up for it. In situations where we can't stand up we got to take that extra effort to find out who and what makes us happy. Be the master of your own Happiness. 

Developing a support system for self, coping up with all negativity effectively, finding simple reasons to smile are all that it takes :)
This is what I'd discuss in my next post :) Keep Smiling
Thanks for reading
Lots of love <3 







No comments:

Post a Comment